Muharram March Ban Must Go: Abbas Ansari

Written by  Published by:Shiite News
Published in Asia
Tuesday, 22 December 2009


abbas-ansari1-300x201 shiitenews correspondent. Hundreds of Shia Muslims took to the streets in central Srinagar on Monday demanding that the government ban on major Muharram processions be revoked.

This was the second such demonstration by Shia groups within a week to decry the ban in force for nearly 20 years now. Last week it was the Shia Youth Forum attacking the ban publicly,

He said that the government should allow the mourners to take out the procession as was the routine prior to 1990. “This is simply a matter of religious interference and this cannot be tolerated,” Abbas Ansari Said.

 

">  and on Monday marchers from the Anjuma-e-Shara’ee Shiayan came out with forceful demands to the administration to stop “interfering in religious affairs.” “The government should immediately revoke the ban and allow Shia mourners to take out processions in the city center on the 8th and 10th Muharram,” Abbas Ansari, who was leading the procession, said. He said that the government should allow the mourners to take out the procession as was the routine prior to 1990. “This is simply a matter of religious interference and this cannot be tolerated,” Abbas Ansari Said.

 

Rating: 5 Read 1315 times Last modified on Friday, 30 April 2010

Leave a comment

Shia Genocide Report 2016

Shia Genocide Report 2016 - Shia Killing in Pakistan 2016

Fall of ISIS in Aleppo

Halab Syria - News

Featured Video

Like our Facebook

Dailymotion

Connet With Us

Largest Portal of Shia News from allover the World | Pakistan News - Iran News - Resistance News - Saudi Arabia News

 

Contact Us

Email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Website: http://www.shiitenews.org

JoomShaper