Criminal Saudi rulers must be tried for Hajj crush: Khatami

Written by  Published by:Shiite News
Published in Iran
Monday, 12 September 2016


A senior Iranian cleric says Saudi rulers are criminals who must be tried in Islamic tribunals and punished for the deaths of thousands during a Hajj stampede last year.

 

According to Ayatollah Ahmad Khatami on Monday, 7,000 pilgrims lost their lives last year in the "fire of Al Saud crimes" in the worst disaster in the pilgrimage's history.

"There is no doubt that Al Saud rulers are not the accused but the frontline criminals in the Mina disaster and are culpable at the least," he told worshipers during Eid al-Adha prayers in Tehran. 

"These criminals must be tried in Islamic courts and receive due punishment," Ayatollah Khatami added.

The human crush happened in Mina near Mecca on September 24, 2015 when two large masses of pilgrims converged at a crossroads during the symbolic stoning of Satan in Jamarat. At least 460 Iranian pilgrims lost their lives in the tragedy - the biggest toll by a single country. 

Iran decided not to send its pilgrims this year because of “obstacles” created by Saudi Arabia and Saudi authorities' failure to guarantee their safety.

The events which led to the crush as well as Saudi authorities' handling of its aftermath drew widespread criticism and raised serious questions about their ability to manage the massive event. 

Ayatollah Khatami said," The Mina disaster showed that Al Saud rulers do not deserve to manage the Two Noble Sanctuaries and a board of Muslim elites must take up the responsibility or at least administer Hajj rituals."

">

 

According to Ayatollah Ahmad Khatami on Monday, 7,000 pilgrims lost their lives last year in the "fire of Al Saud crimes" in the worst disaster in the pilgrimage's history.

"There is no doubt that Al Saud rulers are not the accused but the frontline criminals in the Mina disaster and are culpable at the least," he told worshipers during Eid al-Adha prayers in Tehran. 

"These criminals must be tried in Islamic courts and receive due punishment," Ayatollah Khatami added.

The human crush happened in Mina near Mecca on September 24, 2015 when two large masses of pilgrims converged at a crossroads during the symbolic stoning of Satan in Jamarat. At least 460 Iranian pilgrims lost their lives in the tragedy - the biggest toll by a single country. 

Iran decided not to send its pilgrims this year because of “obstacles” created by Saudi Arabia and Saudi authorities' failure to guarantee their safety.

The events which led to the crush as well as Saudi authorities' handling of its aftermath drew widespread criticism and raised serious questions about their ability to manage the massive event. 

Ayatollah Khatami said," The Mina disaster showed that Al Saud rulers do not deserve to manage the Two Noble Sanctuaries and a board of Muslim elites must take up the responsibility or at least administer Hajj rituals."

Rating: 5 Read 462 times

Leave a comment

Shia Genocide Report 2016

Shia Genocide Report 2016 - Shia Killing in Pakistan 2016

Fall of ISIS in Aleppo

Halab Syria - News

Featured Video

Like our Facebook

Dailymotion

Connet With Us

Largest Portal of Shia News from allover the World | Pakistan News - Iran News - Resistance News - Saudi Arabia News

 

Contact Us

Email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Website: http://www.shiitenews.org

JoomShaper