Kuwait busts 'terror cell' after Shia mosque blast in Kuwait City

Written by  Published by:Shiite News
Published in Middle East
Wednesday, 01 July 2015

Authorities in Kuwait say they have busted a “terror cell” involved in a recent deadly bombing at a Shia mosque in Kuwait City.

Kuwait’s Interior Minister Sheikh Mohammad Khaled al-Sabah made the announcement in parliament a few days after the June 26 bombing which claimed the lives of nearly 30 people in the capital.

"We are in a state of war. Yes, we have busted this terror cell but there are other cells we are going to strike," the Kuwaiti minister said.

Sabah, who is also Kuwait’s foreign minister, added that the country had revised "all security measures, especially near the mosque and all places of worship."

The Takfiri ISIL militants claimed responsibility for the deadly attack.

The Kuwaiti Interior Ministry had earlier said that the individual who carried out the attack against the mosque was Saudi national Fahd Suleiman Abdulmohsen al-Qaba’a.

Kuwaiti authorities said Qaba’a had entered Kuwait from Bahrain, earlier in the day. Saudi Arabia says it has no records of the man.

More than 220 people were also injured in the bomb attack, which was carried out in al-Sawabir, a busy residential and shopping district of the capital.

Rating: 5 Read 910 times

Leave a comment

Shia Genocide Report 2016

Shia Genocide Report 2016 - Shia Killing in Pakistan 2016

Fall of ISIS in Aleppo

Halab Syria - News

Featured Video

Like our Facebook


Connet With Us

Largest Portal of Shia News from allover the World | Pakistan News - Iran News - Resistance News - Saudi Arabia News


Contact Us

Email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Website: http://www.shiitenews.org