Chief of notorious Laskhar-e-Jhangvi Malik Ishaq freed, only on paper

Written by  Published by:Shiite News
Published in Pakistan
Tuesday, 24 January 2012


mailikishaqChief of outlawed notorious outfit Malik Ishaq will not be freed anytime soon despite the denial of his extention decision of Lahore High Court review board on the request of Punjab Government.
According to the Shiite News Correspondent, The day a review board denied Punjab government an extension to the detention of the Lashkar-e-Jhangvi (LeJ) founding Chief, a first information report (FIR) was lodged against him in the Khanpur blast case on Chehlum procession killing 21 mourners (azadars).


The FIR names six people terrorists of Laskhar-e-Jhangvi terrorists including terrorist Malik Ishaq responsible for the attack on a Chehlum procession in Khanpur on January 14, which martyred at least 21 and injured several others.
According to SHO Jam Manzoor Ahmed, the FIR, lodged on Friday under the Anti-Terrorism Act, names Ishaq alias Ishaq tali, his son Malik Usman tali, and his associates Ghulam Quraishi, Shafiq Dahir, Malik Yaqub and Ghulam Rasool Shah.
All those named in the FIR are from Lashkar-e-Jhangvi terrorists funded, the SHO said, adding that a joint investigation team comprising officials from police and counter-terrorism department will investigate the case.
Sources in the intelligence agencies said that this is the second instance where Malik Ishaq and his associate Ghulam Rasool planned an attack while they were imprisoned, the first being the attack on the Sri Lankan cricket team in Lahore.
Outlawed Laskhar-e-Jhangvi terrorists were funded by American CIA and Saudi regime to sabotage the peace of Pakistan and for the genocide and target killing of Shia Muslims, Shia bureaucrats, Shia Army Personnel, Shia Doctors, and Beralvi Muslims in the country.
Extension denied
Earlier, A provincial review board, comprising Lahore High Court judges, turned down Punjab government’s request to extend Ishaq’s detention. The board said the police had failed to provide concrete evidence of Ishaq’s involvement in terrorist activities.
The review board, headed by Justice Nasir Saeed Sheikh, heard the detained leader and representatives of the government behind closed doors.
District police officer (DPO) Rahimyar Khan had requested the board to extend Ishaq’s detention, ending on January 25, for another 30 days, saying that his release would be a threat to peace, and the public at large.
Ishaq’s detention had earlier been extended by a review board on December 16, after DPOs of Rahimyar Khan and Bahawalnagar had said his release could result in a ‘law and order situation’.
A legal adviser of home department argued that Ishaq delivered provocative speeches and spread sectarian hatred. The officials also held Ishaq responsible for the attack on a Shia procession in Khanpur, saying it happened due to his inflammatory speeches.
The review board asked the government if they had filed any cases against Ishaq if he was a threat to peace or delivered provocative speeches, to which they had nothing to show to the court.
The legal adviser, however, submitted that Ishaq’s name was placed in the fourth schedule of the anti-terrorism act, and was required to inform authorities about his movement.
Ishaq travelled to remote areas without informing the police, and he was therefore violating the law, the government argued. Ishaq, meanwhile, insisted he was not involved in any illegal or terrorist activity and had spent 14 years in jails facing cases against him

Rating: 5 Read 1536 times

Leave a comment

Shia Genocide Report 2016

Shia Genocide Report 2016 - Shia Killing in Pakistan 2016

Fall of ISIS in Aleppo

Halab Syria - News

Featured Video

Like our Facebook

Dailymotion

Connet With Us

Largest Portal of Shia News from allover the World | Pakistan News - Iran News - Resistance News - Saudi Arabia News

 

Contact Us

Email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Website: http://www.shiitenews.org

JoomShaper