Six militants killed in Ziarat bid to recover abducted officials

Written by  Published by:Shiite News
Published in Pakistan
Friday, 03 April 2015


Six militants were killed during an exchange of fire with security forces in Balochistan's Ziarat district on Friday. The dead included two suicide bombers who blew themselves up when forces surrounded them, said Frontier Corps spokesman Khan Wasey.

Wasey also stated that two security personnel were injured during the exchange of fire. The incident occurred during a search operation launched to rescue nine government officials who had been kidnapped and taken hostage a week ago in the area. Four hundred and fifty personnel participated in the operation.

The spokesman said that the dead militants belonged to banned militant outfit and had been involved in attacks on security personnel and civilians in the area.

Security in and around Sanjavi was tightened following the search operation and all roads in the area were occupied by forces in order to make the operation a success.

Security forces have arrested more than 3000 militants linked with different militant groups in Balochistan in the aftermath of the announcement of the National Action Plan (NAP). Forces have stepped up their efforts to apprehend militants in Quetta and other parts of Balochistan to ensure peace in the province.

Latest figures on operations being carried out by civilian and military agencies across Pakistan reveal that 10,616 people have been arrested on various charges since the launch of the NAP.

Rating: 5 Read 694 times

Leave a comment

Shia Genocide Report 2016 - Shia Killing in Pakistan 2016

Halab Syria - News

Featured Video

Dailymotion

Connet With Us

Largest Portal of Shia News from allover the World | Pakistan News - Iran News - Resistance News - Saudi Arabia News

 

Contact Us

Email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Website: http://www.shiitenews.org

JoomShaper