Balochistan High Court criticises Mastung attack report of Balochistan Government

Written by  Published by:Shiite News
Published in Pakistan
Thursday, 29 September 2011


shiitenews Balochistan HighCourt criticises The Balochistan High Court criticised the provincial home department’s report on the sectarian attack in Mastung and said the Balochistan government is pushing the province towards destruction and should “clarify its policy”.

On September 19, 26 Shia pilgrims on their way to Iran were disembarked from a passenger bus and shot by a group of armed men in Mastung.  Banned militant outfit Lashkar-e-Jhangvi claimed responsibility for the attack.

According to the Shiite News Correspondent, The division bench comprised Chief Justice Qazi Faez Isa and Justice Hashim Khan Kakar. The Advocate General of Balochistan Amanullah Kanrani appeared before the bench and submitted a report on the attack on behalf of the Balochistan government.

The provincial home department in its report said security has been increased on highways to protect pilgrims. “Pilgrims will not be allowed to travel to Iran without obtaining a no-objection certificate, the report said, adding “The Shia Hazara community will be provided adequate security if they inform the home department about their journey to Iran or any other area of Balochistan.”

The committee recorded the statements of three people, including the driver and cleaners. However, there were no statements from any of the survivors. The chief justice asked why none of the survivors had been spoken to.

When the court was told that the case had been handed over to the Crime Investigation Department, the chief justice asked why the Levies were in control of Mastung when they couldn’t investigate the case.  “It is not the investigators’ fault, but that of the provincial government. The provincial government is pushing Balochistan towards destruction and it should clarify its policy,” the chief justice said.

Earlier, the Supreme Court Bar Association President Asma Jahangir had said that high courts cannot take suo motu note of incidents like Mastung killings. Responding to this, the bench issued notices to Jahangir and the attorney general and asked for comments from the Balochistan bar and high court bar associations over her statement.

The court approved the request of Hazara Democratic Party to become a party in the case. The hearing was adjourned till October 4.

 

Rating: 5 Read 894 times Last modified on Thursday, 29 September 2011

Leave a comment

Shia Genocide Report 2016

Shia Genocide Report 2016 - Shia Killing in Pakistan 2016

Fall of ISIS in Aleppo

Halab Syria - News

Featured Video

Like our Facebook

Dailymotion

Connet With Us

Largest Portal of Shia News from allover the World | Pakistan News - Iran News - Resistance News - Saudi Arabia News

 

Contact Us

Email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Website: http://www.shiitenews.org

JoomShaper