Saudi-led coalition strikes again on Yemenis

Written by  Published by:Shiite News
Published in Yemen
Wednesday, 22 April 2015


Saudi-led coalition once again carried out an airstrike against Yemeni people as Houthi militias took over a military brigade in the central Yemeni city of Taiz early on Wednesday.

The move came after Saudi Arabia on Tuesday announced that it was ending a month-long campaign of air strikes - part of Operation Decisive Storm - against the Houthi militias who got control the large areas of Yemen, and said it would back a political solution to bring peace to Yemen. But the kingdom added it would continue to take action against Houthis as needed and announced the beginning of a new follow-up campaign named “Operation Restoring Hope.”

The headquarters of the 35th Armored Brigade on the Taiz’s northern outskirts fell after heavy fighting which left “dozens dead and wounded,” an officer told Agence France-Presse from inside the captured base.

The brigade had remained loyal to Saudi-backed President Abedrabbo Mansour Hadi and its troops had resisted a nearly week-long siege by the Houthi militias and their allies.

A Yemen Red Crescent representative said its medical teams had been unable to access the area around the base “due to the intense fighting.”

A Saudi Arabia-led coalition had been waging Operation Decisive Storm against the Houthi coup in Yemen, in support of the internationally recognized president, Abdrabbu Mansour Hadi.

Meanwhile, Turkish President Tayyip Erdogan said on Wednesday he is glad that air strikes led by Saudi Arabia against the Houthi militia group in Yemen have been completed and achieved their targets.

"We are happy to see that the aerial operations on Yemen by Saudi Arabia have ended. Military goals appear to have been reached," Erdogan told a joint press conference with Iraqi President Fuad Masum. "We will continue to be on Yemen's side, whether in humanitarian or in other ways."

It is pertinent to mention here that The United Nations Children's Fund (UNICEF) has warned the international community that 15.9 million people in Yemen are in need of humanitarian assistance, including 7.9 million children.

According to UNICEF Yemen Humanitarian Situation Report, around 150,000 are internally displaced people, while more than 767 people killed, including 77 children (WHO and UNICEF) 2,906 people injured, including 44 children (WHO and UNICEF), 2 million children out of school.

Rating: 5 Read 537 times

Leave a comment

Shia Genocide Report 2016 - Shia Killing in Pakistan 2016

Halab Syria - News

Featured Video

Dailymotion

Connet With Us

Largest Portal of Shia News from allover the World | Pakistan News - Iran News - Resistance News - Saudi Arabia News

 

Contact Us

Email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Website: http://www.shiitenews.org

JoomShaper